Mr Gary Skene
Construction and Facilities Specialist
Gary is a Chartered Quantity Surveyor with extensive experience of Cost Management in a variety of projects. This experience encompasses many sectors including healthcare, hotel refurbishment, education and commercial developments.
Gary has a proven ability to produce detailed tender documents for facilities or works of a complex and bespoke nature. This ability extends to the cost control required from inception to completion of such projects where budgets can be susceptible to pressures. Gary has a track record of involvement to a degree that minimizes risk to the Client from cost overruns.
Due to Gary’s extensive knowledge in the healthcare sector on several occasions the Client has requested that he take on the role of Project Manager.
Specific Healthcare Experience
- Refurbishment of University Tower Block, Glasgow Royal Infirmary for NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde and Glasgow University. Project includes the complete refurbishment of five floors to form laboratories CL3 Suite, offices, lecture theatres, seminar rooms and the like: £17.0M
- Formation of Endoscope Reprocessing Unit, Gartnavel General Hospital : £1.0M
- Extension to Existing SSD Department and Formation of New Dental Clinics on Levels 6 and 7 of the Glasgow Dental Hospital and School: £1.3M
- Refurbishment and upgrade of Intensive Care Unit, Golden Jubilee National Hospital: £0.2M
- Alterations and Refurbishment of Existing Hospital Wards to form Endoscopy Suite and Endoscopy Reprocessing Unit at Inverclyde Royal Hospital: £1.2M
- Extension and Internal Refurbishment Castlemilk Health Centre, Castlemilk, Glasgow: £1.5m
- Formation of Twin Laminar Flow Operating Theatres and Day Case Assessment Unit, Gartnavel General Hospital: £1.4M
- Formation of Endoscope Reprocessing Unit, Glasgow Royal Infirmary: £0.85M
- Formation of Single Floor Maternity Inpatients Unit, Royal Alexandra Hospital, Paisley: £1.6m
- Formation of Paediatric Dental Suite, Glasgow School and Dental Hospital: £0.6M
- Formation of Medical Records Department, Royal Alexandra Hospital, Paisley: £0.65M
You can contact Gary at email@example.com